Do you have a child with talent? Does your child want to showcase that
talent at the Wayne County Fair? If so, we want YOUR child to come to talent
show auditions for the Wayne County Fair! Students can compete in the following areas:
- Instrumental Solo (Keyboard, piano, stringed, or other)
- Novelty Act Solo (Recitation, skit, baton twirling, ventriloquist, etc.)
- Vocal Solo
- Instrumental Group (Keyboard, piano, stringed instrument)
- Group Novelty Act (Puppetry, skit, acrobatics, baton, etc.)
- Vocal Group (Duet, trio, quartet, groups up to eight vocalists)
- Large vocal group (groups of nine or larger)
Auditions for the talent show will be held in the music room (Room 119):
- Tuesday, September 10: Elementary @ 3 P.M.
- Thursday, September 12: Middle School and High School @ 3 P.M.
What you need to know:
- Students will be evaluated by a panel of judges, and selected based on an average of scores.
- Vocalists must bring the CD track with them to auditions that they plan on using during the talent show. Musicians should pick a Christian song. Inappropriate song choices will result in disqualification by the judges. I am available to approve song selections if there are any questions or concerns.
- A keyboard and CD player will be available for use, but the fair does not provide other instruments or allow music to be streamed over phone, MP3 players, or other devices. Pantomime and lip-syncing are not allowed. Vocalists must sing with a karaoke style CD that is labeled with the contestants’ name and school. Tapes are not accepted.
- All contestants should come dressed in their performance outfit/costume.
- Talent entries must be no longer than three minutes. The fair will automatically disqualify contestants who have acts that exceed the time limit (even by one second).
- Any previous first place winner is not eligible to participate in the same category in the same grade division.
- We ask that talent reflect the values of WCS. Clothing, music, or talent category cannot change after final selections are made. The school is limited to one entry per talent category per grade division. No more than four entries per school, per grade division, with a limit of four talent entries per school, per grade division.
- STUDENTS WHO ARE AUDITIONING MUST SIGN UP TO AUDITION ON THE SHEET HANGING ON THE MUSIC ROOM DOOR. STUDENTS MUST COME WITH THE CD THEY PLAN ON USING AND IN PERFORMANCE DRESS. STUDENTS WHO PLAN ON AUDITIONING MUST RETURN THE ATTACHED PERMISSION SLIP BY TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3.
The talent show will take place on Thursday October 3, 2019. The gates
will open at 4:00 P.M. and the show will start at 4:30. Contestants must arrive at the Entertainment Arena at least 15 minutes before the designated start time for each division. There is no charge to park at the county fair, but you may want to bring some cash for food and spending money. The fair will provide a ticket for contestants and ONE parent. Parents are responsible to pay for the cost of fair tickets for themselves and any siblings/other family members.