The NCISAA has communicated several updates pertaining to fall sports for all schools.
All sports, except football, will begin practice on August 10, once the governor implements Phase 3 for NC. According to the NCISAA, the state must be in Phase 3 for this updated Fall Sports Calendar to be implemented.
We will continue with summer workouts until August 10. Any student participating in summer workouts or planning to try out for a fall sport must have a current sports physical on file before beginning workouts or practice. If you are unable to see your regular doctor for a physical, all of the urgent care walk-in clinics in Goldsboro offer sports physicals.
- All sports will maintain Stage 1 or Stage 2 off-season workouts until Aug. 10
- Workouts for all student-athletes will continue to take place on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7:30 – 9am in the weight-room until August 10 when Fall Sports practices begin.
- Volleyball, boys’ basketball, and football will continue summer workouts/open gym until August 10.
- Volleyball on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-11 am
- Boys’ basketball on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9-11 am
- Football on Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30-7 pm
- Aug. 10 – All sports (except football) will start practices
- Dead Period starts for all winter and spring sports
- NCISAA is working on return to play protocols
- Aug. 24 – Scrimmages may start for Fall Sports (except FB)
- Sept. 4 – First games for Fall Sports (except FB)
For more information, please see the attached document from the NCISAA outlining guidelines for fall sports. When more updates are provided to us by the NCISAA, including a calendar for football, we will pass this information to our families.